Friday, February 22, 2008

Got People Problems – Re-Direct Your Focus Towards a Mighty God!

Numbers 10; Numbers 11; Psalm 27; Mark 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Numbers 11

1 Now the people complained about their hardships in the hearing of the LORD, and when he heard them his anger was aroused. Then fire from the LORD burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp. 2 When the people cried out to Moses, he prayed to the LORD and the fire died down. 3 So that place was called Taberah, because fire from the LORD had burned among them.

4 The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat! 5 We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost—also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. 6 But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!"

21 But Moses said, "Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, 'I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!' 22 Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?"
23 The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."
31 Now a wind went out from the LORD and drove quail in from the sea. It brought them down all around the camp to about three feet above the ground, as far as a day's walk in any direction. 32 All that day and night and all the next day the people went out and gathered quail. No one gathered less than ten homers. Then they spread them out all around the camp. 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth and before it could be consumed, the anger of the LORD burned against the people, and he struck them with a severe plague. 34 Therefore the place was named Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had craved other food.

Observation

Have you ever felt like Moses? Take time to read this entire chapter I just put in selected parts of the chapter to give you a little background to what Moses was up against. Moses had to deal with about 2 million complainers and he even had some really bad complainers called “the rabble”. The name “rabble” or “riffraff” (word used in the Message version) must have been a title given to the worst complainers! Every generation has them and every church has them. If the church is infected too much by their influence then it is no fun going to church. They are joy robbers! They destroy fellowships if left unchecked.

Application

I will hold on to God’s word to Moses in verse 23 The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you." God is long enough and powerful enough to take care of problem people in your life and my life. Just don’t become one is what God is saying to me this morning!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me deal with the rabble and the complainers without losing sight of your awesome power. Your arm is not too short to help me today. Nothing is too hard for you. Don’t let me become one. Don’t let me act like them. Help my focus always stay on you and not on them. Help them to become people of faith. Psalms 27:1 Light, space, zest— that's GOD! So, with him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing. 6 God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to GOD. 11 Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me.12 Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I’ve never done; with every breath they threaten me with violence.13 Yet I am confident I will see the LORD’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.14 Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: