Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Don’t Be Afraid!

Leviticus 15; Leviticus 16; Leviticus 17; Acts 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 18

9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, “Don’t be afraid! Speak out! Don’t be silent! 10 For I am with you, and no one will attack and harm you, for many people in this city belong to me.” 11 So Paul stayed there for the next year and a half, teaching the word of God.

Observation

Fear is a lack of faith. How many times in the Bible does God tell us not to be afraid? I don’t know but I am going to go to www.bible.crosswalk.com and find out right now and then I will let you know! Hold on I will be right back!

The word “afraid” is found 206 times in the NIV translation of the Bible and 189 times in the King James. Of course not all of those times are God telling us not to be afraid but it is a common theme throughout His word. Here are some examples:

After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward." Genesis 15:1

Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you." Deuteronomy 3:22

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 2 Kings 6:16

Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the Lord gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. 1 Chronicles 22:13

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:6

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. Psalm 56:3

So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32

Application

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. Psalm 56:3

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be afraid. I know that when fears come into my life it is the result of my not trusting You and it is evident that I am being influenced by the whisper of the evil one. I pray that Your word would fill my heart with courage and boldness. Help me to lead our church to be people of faith. I pray that in the weeks ahead that we would see You work miracles in our midst. Help me be a man of faith a man of courage and boldness with the humility that comes from being with You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: