Friday, February 20, 2009

In The Center of God’s Will – There is No Safer Place to Be!

Numbers 7; Psalm 23; Acts 27
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 27

18 The next day, as gale-force winds continued to batter the ship, the crew began throwing the cargo overboard. 19 The following day they even took some of the ship’s gear and threw it overboard. 20 The terrible storm raged for many days, blotting out the sun and the stars, until at last all hope was gone.
21 No one had eaten for a long time. Finally, Paul called the crew together and said, “Men, you should have listened to me in the first place and not left Crete. You would have avoided all this damage and loss. 22 But take courage! None of you will lose your lives, even though the ship will go down. 23 For last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me, 24 and he said, ‘Don’t be afraid, Paul, for you will surely stand trial before Caesar! What’s more, God in his goodness has granted safety to everyone sailing with you.’ 25 So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said. 26 But we will be shipwrecked on an island.”

Observation

Paul was on his way to stand trial before Caesar and nothing was going to stop God’s plan for Paul’s life…nothing!

When we are in the center of God’s will there is no safer place that we can be. It doesn’t matter if we are fighting in Iraq or in an airplane experiencing engine trouble, or finding ourselves without a job, or facing terminal cancer we are safe if we are in the center of God’s will.

Those soldiers couldn’t kill Paul, the storm couldn’t kill Paul, and the snake that bites him in the next chapter couldn’t kill Paul, because Paul was safe in the center of God’s will. You and I can find ourselves in some dangerous, seemingly hopeless situations, but if God has first place in our hearts then we do not have to worry at all…we are safe. He wraps His mighty wings of protection around us like a mother hen takes care of her chicks.

Just look at how many times people tried to kill Paul during his 3 missionary journeys, but they couldn’t…why…because Paul was safe in the center of God’s will.

Dangerous … is living one day outside of the will of God!

Application

I will seek to live everyday in obedience to my Heavenly Father.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be obedient. Help me to walk with You today listening to You as You speak to my heart. Don’t let me sin. Don’t let me get outside of your will. I want to be under the protection of Your mighty wings. You are my strength. You are my protection.

The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. Amen Psalm 23

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: