Friday, February 13, 2009

Want To Be Blessed More Then You Need To…

Leviticus 20; Leviticus 21; Leviticus 22; Acts 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 20

33 “I have never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or fine clothes. 34 You know that these hands of mine have worked to supply my own needs and even the needs of those who were with me. 35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Observation

Do you have the gift of giving? If you said, “no” then you and I are in the same boat. Paul and Jesus both say it, “if you want to be blessed then you have got to be a giver.” Do you believe what God says in His Word? Do you and I really believe it? There are so many scriptures about giving. What is your favorite? Here are a few of mine:

If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure what is given back to you." Luke 6:38

"Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! Malachi 3:8-10

Application

I will look where I can be a blessing to someone today by giving something away.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me put into practice, “It is more blessed to give than to receive”.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: