Thursday, February 12, 2009

Posers!

Leviticus 18; Leviticus 19; Psalm 13; Acts 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 19

13 A group of Jews was traveling from town to town casting out evil spirits. They tried to use the name of the Lord Jesus in their incantation, saying, “I command you in the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, to come out!” 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a leading priest, were doing this. 15 But one time when they tried it, the evil spirit replied, “I know Jesus, and I know Paul, but who are you?” 16 Then the man with the evil spirit leaped on them, overpowered them, and attacked them with such violence that they fled from the house, naked and battered.

Observation

You might look like a skater, you might wear the right clothes, the right shoes, and you might even have a skateboard, but if you can’t skate then you are a poser. A poser might look like a Christian, might act like a Christian, but if Jesus is not Lord of his life then he is just a poser.

Has their been a time in your life when you realized that you needed a Savior and have you asked Jesus to come into your life to save you? If not you may be guilty of being a poser. Are you the real deal or just a poser?

Application

I am not a poser. Jesus Christ is my Lord and He is my Savior.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that You have allowed me to become one of Your children. I am the real deal, but it is not because of anything that I have done it is because You saved me and changed me. I am redeemed. I am saved. I give You Praise! I am not a poser!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: