Monday, March 30, 2009

“Always” Work Enthusiastically For The Lord

Judges 8; Psalm 42; 1 Corinthians 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 15

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Observation

The word “Always” is a tough word. When we say that word when we are fighting with a loved one it is never true, “You always”…(you can finish this sentence with what ever you usually say when you are fighting). It is never true because we are exaggerating to make our point.

But the point here that Paul is making is super important when we do something for the Lord we should “always” do it with enthusiasm because whatever we do for the Lord always counts. It is going to last forever!

So much of what we do is not for the Lord it is for ourselves. Paul says that we should be strong and immovable and always serve the Lord enthusiastically. The call for us to be strong and immovable means only one thing to me it means that as we serve the Lord there will be a tendency for us to become tired, weak and discouraged and then the temptation will be for us to give up.

Paul is encouraging us this morning to evaluate what we are doing for the Lord, to think about it, and to get back into the battle with enthusiasm. Because whatever we accomplish for the Lord is “never”…let me repeat that one more time “never” useless! It is “always” fruitful!

Application

I will serve the Lord “enthusiastically” this week!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be strong and immovable. Give me energy and enthusiasm for Your work. I know that what I do for You this week will last forever! I pray for Your direction. Show me what to focus on! Thank you for calling me to Your service. You are a Mighty God. You are Worthy to be Praised!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: