Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Great “I AM”

Deuteronomy 5; Deuteronomy 6; Psalm 43; Mark 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 14

60 Then the high priest stood up before the others and asked Jesus, “Well, aren’t you going to answer these charges? What do you have to say for yourself?” 61 But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 Jesus said, 63 Then the high priest tore his clothing to show his horror and said, “Why do we need other witnesses? 64 You have all heard his blasphemy. What is your verdict?”

“Guilty!” they all cried. “He deserves to die!”

Observation

Today we have some religious folks that think Jesus was just a man and so they believe that Jesus is not God. He is either God or He is a liar because the high priest knew exactly Who He was claiming to be and said that His claim of Deity was blasphemy deserving death.

I thought it interesting that in the Gospel of John when it is describing the arrest of Jesus in the garden that the entire cohort of soldiers fell to the ground when Jesus said, “I AM”. “Jesus fully realized all that was going to happen to him. Stepping forward to meet them, he asked, "Whom are you looking for?" "Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "I am he," Jesus said. Judas was standing there with them when Jesus identified himself. And as he said, "I am he," they all fell backward to the ground!” John 18

How many “I AM’s” do you remember Jesus claiming for Himself in the Gospel of John?

I Am the bread of Life
I Am the Resurrection and the Life
I Am the Door
I Am the Good Shepherd
I Am the Living Water
I Am the Light of the World
I AM the ? (I know that there is one more “I AM” in John)

Application

I will worship and serve the Great I AM today with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind and all of my strength!

Prayer

Come Lord Jesus! I look forward to the day when I will see the great “I AM, the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Come Lord Jesus!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: