Sunday, March 08, 2009

It Is Not Because Of Our Goodness!

Deuteronomy 7; Deuteronomy 8; Deuteronomy 9; Mark 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Deuteronomy 9

4 “After the LORD your God has done this for you, don’t say in your hearts, ‘The LORD has given us this land because we are such good people!’ No, it is because of the wickedness of the other nations that he is pushing them out of your way.

5 It is not because you are so good or have such integrity that you are about to occupy their land. The LORD your God will drive these nations out ahead of you only because of their wickedness, and to fulfill the oath he swore to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

6 You must recognize that the LORD your God is not giving you this good land because you are good, for you are not—you are a stubborn people.


Deuteronomy 7

6 For you are a holy people, who belong to the LORD your God. Of all the people on earth, the LORD your God has chosen you to be his own special treasure.

7 “The LORD did not set his heart on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other nations, for you were the smallest of all nations! 8 Rather, it was simply that the LORD loves you, and he was keeping the oath he had sworn to your ancestors. That is why the LORD rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt.

9 Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.


Observation

I got this morning realizing that I am so blessed. I asked myself this morning if there was anything else I would rather being doing with my life and I answered myself “no”. (I know that you talk to yourself too) I am doing just what I want to be doing and just what God wants me to be doing.

God loves me. He loves me just because He wants to love me. It is not because I am good. I am not. He loves me because He is a loving God. He is a faithful God. He lavishes his unfailing love on me and to all those that love him and obey his commands.

Application

I am going to enjoy being with God’s people today and I am going to enjoy worshiping my Great and Awesome God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for letting me serve You. Thank you for allowing me to know You personally and giving me the life that I get to live. I am so blessed. I pray today that You bless Your people. I pray for Marvin as he comes to be baptized. Bless he and his family. Use him to further Your kingdom. Help him to grow and become a strong man of God. You are Worthy to be Praised! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: