Friday, March 20, 2009

Using Good Judgment But Not Being Judgmental!

Joshua 7; Joshua 8; Psalm 69; 1 Corinthians 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 5

9 When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. 11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

Observation

Have you ever said that we as Christians shouldn’t be “judgmental”? God doesn’t want us to put other people down because of their faults or because of their sins but He does want us to use our good judgment especially with folks that call themselves “Christians”. There are times when we must use good judgment and use church discipline, but at the same time we must be redemptive in our actions.

God will deal with those outside the church but we must firmly but gently correct those within our fellowship. The men in the small group that I meet with give each other the permission to hold each other accountable. When you have that kind of an agreement up front it makes it easier to confront.

Application

I will accept correction from those around me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live so close to You that I will know when I have stepped over the line and have involved myself in sin. Help me to accept correction from others when it is needed. Give me the strength to confront those that call themselves Christians but act out because of hurts, hang ups, and bad habits that hurt their testimony and the testimony of Your church. I pray that our church would continue to grow healthier everyday. Thank You for what You are doing in the lives of our people. You are a Mighty God.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: