Monday, March 09, 2009

Blessing Or A Curse – It’s Our Choice!

Deuteronomy 10; Deuteronomy 11; Deuteronomy 12; Mark 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Deuteronomy 11

26 “Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! 27 You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today. 28 But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the LORD your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before.

Observation

The children of Israel were getting ready to go into the Promise Land and Moses was giving them final instructions. These instructions also are just as valid for us today. If we choose to obey God then we are blessed but if we choose to live our lives in disobedience to God we live out our lives cursed.

I see it all the time, but people still just don’t get it. Jesus said in John 10:10 “My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.” The Evil one is a thief and that same verse says that his “purpose is to steal and kill and destroy”.

The choice is ours:

1. A life of blessings
2. Or a life that is cursed

What choice are you making today? I am choosing to live out my life in obedience to the God who loves me, to the God who saved me, to the One who blesses me!

Application

I choose to live for God today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to be blessed by You. Help me live out my life in obedience. Help me to please You today. Keep me away from sin. I pray for those that are struggling with the lure of this world I pray that You would open up their eyes so they can see Your Goodness and so that they can understand how much You want to bless them. And help them say “No” to the lies of the Evil one. You are the Mighty God! You alone are Worthy of Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: