Sunday, March 22, 2009

Things

Joshua 12; Joshua 13; Joshua 14; 1 Corinthians 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 7

31 Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away.

Observation

Getting attached to things…hmm…like…cars, boats, guns, collections, stuff etc is wrong. Why? Because the world as we know will soon pass away and none of our things that we have accumulated or have spent time on are going to last. Relationships on the other hand are something to focus our attention on. Love is going to last forever and the last time I checked forever is a real long time!
Paul said that getting married even makes it more difficult to live a life totally committed to the Lord. If you can stay single without falling into sexual immorality he suggested that staying single would make it easier to be totally focused on the Lord and the ministry that the Lord has called you to.

32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord’s work and thinking how to please him.
35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

Application

I will focus my attention on improving the relationships in my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be a lover of things. I know that they just break, wear out, and take up space. They also take up my time. Help me focus on Your kingdom this week. Help me to seek You first and everything else ever that. I pray that today You would receive much glory as we gather together for worship.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: