Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Power of 220!

Deuteronomy 16; Deuteronomy 17; Deuteronomy 18; Psalm 38; Galatians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Galatians 2

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Observation

Have you ever experienced 220 volts of power? I was helping my father-in-law one day over at his house disconnect a window air conditioner to take it out to replace it. So I asked him “are you sure the power is turned off” to which he replied, “of course the power is turned off” so just to make sure he had really turned off the correct breaker I touched the screw driver across the two wires.

The explosion that occurred next taught me a huge lesson, and that lesson is this, “You don’t mess around with 220 volts.” The end of my new screwdriver was blown off and the arc momentarily blinded me just like what happens when a person looks at something while someone is welding it.

We have that same kind of incredible power available to us in Galatians 2:20. If we die to self and allow Christ to live in us then we will be powerful people – we will be explosive. So if your life lacks 220 power then maybe you are not connected to the right source.

Application

I am asking Christ to live through me today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire to live with Galatians 2:20 power. Today I want Christ to live through me. Help me to die to self and help me to trust in Christ and rely on His power throughout this day. Thank you for giving me the strength and the power of Christ. Be glorified through my life today. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

There must be a safer way to see if the power is really off LOL!