Friday, June 12, 2009

Attitude … It is all about Attitude!

1 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 10; 2 Chronicles 11; Philippians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Philippians 2

3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

6 Though he was God,
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.

7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,

8 he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.

9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
and gave him the name above all other names,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Observation

Could you imagine becoming an “ant”? Take a minute and think about how small ants are compared to human beings.

What God did for us was way more that and it is way beyond our comprehension. We can’t even begin to fully grasp what Jesus did when He left heaven to come to earth to be born as a human being. He left a perfect place to die a criminal’s death on a cross in my place and in your place. You and I deserve death …spiritual death. You and I deserve to go to hell. We don’t deserve to go to heaven and we don’t deserve to have a place in God’s family, but Jesus left heaven to make a way for us to have a personal relationship with him forever!

Today Jesus has been exalted to the highest place of honor and one day every person ever born will kneel before the Lord Jesus Christ. Are you prepared to meet him?

Application

Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
I will plan to do something for someone else today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to look out only for my own interests, but help me take an interest in others, too. Help me not to be selfish; help me not try to impress others. Help me to be humble, and help me think of others as better than myself. Help me to have the attitude of Christ today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: