Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Man of God

2 Kings 11; 2 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Timothy 6

11 But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.

Observation

If you are a Christian then you are a man or woman of God and you should act like it. You and I should live godly lives. We need to fight the good fight for the true faith. We are in a battle but it is a good battle; it is a good fight!
So as a man or woman of God we should run from evil things. There is the temptation to hang around sin until it grabs hold of us, but Paul says, “RUN”.
Are you a man or woman of God? If you answered, “yes” then act like it today!

Application

As a man of God I will run from evil. I will fight the good fight today. I will pursue righteousness, faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live a godly life today. Help me run from evil. Give me the strength to fight the good fight!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: