Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where is Your Citizenship?

Song of Solomon 5; Song of Solomon 6; Song of Solomon 7; Song of Solomon 8; Philippians 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Philippians 1

27 Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News.

Observation

Do you and I act like we are citizens of Heaven? I think that most days we don’t think about the fact that this is not our home. We want to get so comfortable here, but we need to be reminded that this is not our real home. Most of our time is going to be spent somewhere else if we know Jesus Christ in a personal way.

What do you own that you would not be willing to give away right now …if something comes to your mind then that possession owns you …you don’t own it. Are we living like this is the only place we are ever going to live? This is not our home. We are citizens of heaven.

Application

What do I have that has me? That is what I am going to think about today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to turn loose of anything and everything that would be considered a possession. Help my priorities be focused more on your kingdom and less on my kingdom. Thank you for helping me this week. You are my rock and my fortress!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: