Saturday, June 20, 2009

At Just the Right Time!

2 Kings 4; 2 Kings 5; Psalm 83; 1 Timothy 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Timothy 2

1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 5 For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. 6 He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time. 7 And I have been chosen as a preacher and apostle to teach the Gentiles this message about faith and truth. I’m not exaggerating—just telling the truth.

Observation

Timing is everything isn’t it! I just got back from breakfast and I had a coupon that was good on Monday thru Friday… and of course today is Saturday! I shut the door of my car at the restaurant with my keys still in the ignition. It was poor timing on shutting my car door too because when it closes it automatically locks the door. Timing is everything!

God is an on time God. He is never early, never late, He is always exactly on time!

When God works in your life it will be at just the right time. He sent Christ to this world at just the right time.

Are you running late today? Remember that You serve someone that is always on time. He is never late.

Did you notice that Paul said to pray for all people, to ask God to help them, and to give thanks for them? We need to thank God for the people that we are praying for. Intercede for them and thank God for them. Paul said that it pleases God when we do that! Take time today to pray for someone and then thank God for them too!

Application

I will thank God for His perfect timing in my life. I will pray for people today as God brings them to my mind and I will also thank God for them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the men that I just met with and the positive response from them to keep working with First Baptist Brandon. You are an on time God and I want to thank You for working in my life always at just the right now. Thank You that You are never late. Thank You that you never forget about us. I thank You for our church. I pray that you bless every person in our congregation.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: