Monday, June 22, 2009

Train Yourself to be Godly

2 Kings 8; 2 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 21; 1 Timothy 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Timothy 4

6 If you explain these things to the brothers and sisters, Timothy, you will be a worthy servant of Christ Jesus, one who is nourished by the message of faith and the good teaching you have followed. 7 Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. 8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

Observation

Training for godliness promises benefits in this life and in the life to come. So what we do here on earth can prepare us for what we will be doing for eternity! So one huge reason to train ourselves to be godly is for the eternal benefits. This is not our home; our home is in heaven with Christ. So it makes sense to train here for where we are going to live forever.

Application

I will think about this I as I dig into God’s word this week.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me how to train myself for godliness. I want to use my time on this earth to become more godly, to become more like you. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: