Sunday, June 14, 2009

Don’t Worry About Anything!

1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13; 2 Chronicles 14; Philippians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Philippians 4

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Observation

We tend to worry about everything and pray about almost nothing so no wonder we don’t have any peace in our lives. Paul says, (as he is sitting in jail) “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything.”

It seems like Paul had plenty to worry about since he was in jail and could have been put to death at any time, but instead he wrote about how you and I can have God’s peace and how we should be filled with his joy.

What was the secret to the Apostle Paul’s life? Answer: He prayed about everything. There is a peace that passes all understanding for us to experience and enjoy if we learn to pray about everything. The key word is: everything!

Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done and then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Application

I will pray about everything today. I will tell God what I need and I will thank him for what he has done.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to pray for every person that comes to my mind today. Help me to pray about everything that I normally worry about. Impress upon me today the importance of talking to you about everything. I do want to experience that peace that is beyond understanding. I pray for First Baptist Brandon today and I pray for Tommy Green, as he gets ready to speak to our church this morning. Use him for your glory and for your honor.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: