Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nailed It to the Cross!

1 Kings 17; 1 Kings 18; 1 Kings 19; Colossians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Colossians 2

13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.

Observation

Do you have a “record”? Maybe you don’t have a police record, but you and I do have a record. Every sin that we have ever committed is included in our record before God.

Wouldn’t you like to have that record canceled and those sins not held against us? If we put our faith and trust in Christ, in what Christ did for us on the cross we can have our record that is filled with all of our sins canceled. Jesus died on the cross. He was nailed to the cross to cancel out our sins. He died as a gift for us. He died in our place. The nails driven into his hands and into his feet were for us, but he took what we deserved, and now he offers to forgive us and he offers to cancel the charges against us.

We had a death sentence. Our sinful record declared us guilty, but Christ canceled our record. God no longer sees our sins. We have been forgiven if we have asked Christ to be our Lord and our Savior and we have turned from sin and self.

Application

This “Good News” is to be shared. I will look for an opportunity to share Christ today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for canceling my record. I am forgiven. I deserve to go to hell but because of your great love and your great mercy I am not going to get what I deserve and instead I will go to heaven. I pray that you give me the opportunity to share this Good News with someone today.

Thank you for our small group. They are a joy and a blessing. I pray that you bless each one of them today. Give them your strength and your wisdom to live out this day.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: