Monday, June 08, 2009

The Trouble with “Always”

Ecclesiastes 7; Ecclesiastes 8; Ecclesiastes 9; Ephesians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Ephesians 4

2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.

Observation

I would have been ok if Paul hadn’t have used the word “Always” in verse 2! Most of the time I think that I am humble and gentle, but not “Always”! Do you get blindsided sometimes by your own behavior …I do. Last night at church I blew it I knew better than to open my mouth but I still did it.

I wasn’t very patient, I wasn’t very gentle, and I didn’t make allowances for the other person. I am very sorry.

I am grieved in my spirit about it. I am sad about it. I am aggravated and frustrated over my lack of self-control.

The only thing good about last night is that I feel bad about the way I handled or better put the way I didn’t handle myself.

It is never the big things that upset us it is always the little nit picking things that drive us crazy or at least those are things that drive me crazy, but no matter how important or how unimportant something is there is no excuse for my bad behavior.

Application

I will read this blog to our Sunday evening group and ask them to forgive me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be able to “Always” be humble and gentle. And help me to always be patient with others, and help me to always make allowances for other’s faults because of my love for them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: