Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sins and Good Deeds

2 Kings 10; 2 Chronicles 22; 2 Chronicles 23; 1 Timothy 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Timothy 5

24 Remember, the sins of some people are obvious, leading them to certain judgment. But there are others whose sins will not be revealed until later. 25 In the same way, the good deeds of some people are obvious. And the good deeds done in secret will someday come to light.


Observation

There is a lot of evil being done that we are not aware of and there is a lot of good that is being done that is also going unnoticed, but one day it will all come out in the open.

God will recognize both sins and good deeds and will reward them both. Even if they go unnoticed by the people around us our heavenly father will reward both our good deeds and our sins! No sin that we are doing in secret is ever in secret because we can’t keep anything from our God and no good deed goes unnoticed because He doesn’t miss anything!

Application

I will strive to do good today. Any unconfessed sin that comes to my mine today I will confess immediately.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I can’t keep anything from You. I know that You love me and You are not about to let any sin in my life go unnoticed. I pray that you would show me anytime I sin so that I can confess it and keep things right with You.

I pray for Vacation Bible School today. I pray that the older children that are attending will put their faith and their trust in Jesus for their salvation this week. Give our teachers strength. Help them reflect Jesus in their attitudes. May the children see Jesus in their lives.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: