Thursday, June 18, 2009

Do You Have a Thankful Heart?

1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; 2 Chronicles 19; Colossians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Colossians 4

[2] Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Observation

Talk with God, but do so with a thankful heart. Paul writing to the church at Colossi encourages them to pray with thankful hearts just like he did in his letter to those at Philippi!

I know that when my children thank me for something (anything) it makes me feel great. God wants us to show him that same kind of gratitude. It makes sense to me!

Application

I will search out all references in scripture to having a “thankful heart.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for wanting us to spend time with You in prayer. I have so much to be thankful for. I am so blessed. I pray today for Rapley Armstrong. I pray that You heal him. Show Yourself powerful by touching his life today. Give him strength, Your strength. Give the doctors wisdom to know how to help in getting him well. Thank You for hearing my prayer today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: