Friday, June 05, 2009

A Reminder That God is in Control!

Proverbs 30; Proverbs 31; Psalm 33; Ephesians 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Ephesians 1

9 God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure.

10 And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth. 11 Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

Observation

This is a great chapter to read if you are feeling down or if you are feeling like this world is spinning out of control. No, our world is not spinning out of control; there is ONE that is in total control and He will make sure that everything works out according to his plan. God is in control. You might need to say that a thousand times today!

I love the first part of this chapter where Paul says that we have been given every spiritual blessing in Christ. The word “EVERY” is huge to me. It means to me that I don’t lack anything that I need to live out this life that God has given me. I have all God’s resources at my disposal.

What does “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ” mean to you?

Application

I will rely on God and all of His resources to help me with today’s challenges!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are in control of this crazy world. I know that nothing happening right now even as bad or as crazy as it seems will keep you from executing Your plan at exactly the right time. Thank you for giving me every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Now here is my prayer for anyone reading this blog today,

"Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for God’s people everywhere, I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself." (Ephesians 1:15-23) Amen

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: