Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

1 Kings 20; 1 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Colossians 3

2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

Observation

So how do we think about heavenly stuff more than earthly stuff? Paul says, “…Put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you.” “Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.” (Verse 10)

We put on Christ and we begin to be renewed. It sounds like we are to get to know Christ more and more each day and the more we get to know him the more we become like him.

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33

“…Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.” (verse 5b)

Application

Things of heaven …I believe would definitely involve people. I will think about the people that God has brought into my life and I will think about how to help them in their walk either with Christ or in their walk towards a relationship with Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to move people closer in their relationship to you.

And I pray for Kathy today on her birthday. Bless her! Thank you for bringing her into my life and allowing me to have her as my wife. She is the greatest gift that you could have ever given me. I don’t deserve such a great woman. I am blessed!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: