Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Commanded to Love One Another!

Jeremiah 37; Jeremiah 38; Jeremiah 39; Psalm 79; 2 John 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

2 John 1

5 I am writing to remind you, dear friends, that we should love one another. This is not a new commandment, but one we have had from the beginning. 6 Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning.

Observation

Have you noticed how many God has to remind us to “love one another”! You would think that would be our nature, but our nature (old nature) is to do just the opposite isn’t it!

We are commanded by God to love one another. It is impossible for us to love like God wants us to love in our own strength.

The highest form of love is forgiveness. There are people that we don’t want to forgive, but God commands us to forgive them. In fact, if we don’t forgive others God says that He can’t forgive us.

Our example is Jesus: think about how much He loves us; think about how He has forgiven us. We don’t deserve it, but He loves us. We don’t deserve His forgiveness, but He forgives us.

Maybe it is time to be obedient and love that person that you have been so mad at. Maybe it is time to forgive that person who hurt you.

Un-forgiveness hurts you way more than the person that you are refusing to forgive!
We are so un-like God when we refuse to love someone and we are so un-like God when we refuse to forgive someone!

Application

Love is doing what God has commanded us to do. I will love people today as God has commanded me to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to not hold grudges. Help me to love people like You want me to love people. Thank You for loving me even though I am such a sinner and even though I don’t deserve it. Thank You for forgiving me even though I don’t deserve it. You are an Awesome God.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: