Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Serving is Loving!

Jeremiah 7; Jeremiah 8; Jeremiah 9; John 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 13

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

Observation

4 So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.

12 After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked, “Do you understand what I was doing? 13 You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because that’s what I am. 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. 15 I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.

Love for people is demonstrated in service. Serving people is the demonstration of our love for them. You don’t love people very much if you are not willing to serve them.

Application

I will look for a way to demonstrate my love for someone today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I think that I sometimes, no not sometimes, most of the time I don’t know how the kingdom of God works. There is a balance between our love for each other and a love for those around us that seems hard to keep right. If we are too inward and self-centered then we don’t worry about the lost around us, but if we never take time to grow in our relationships with the Christians around us then we are shallow. God help us have the right balance. Help me to love like You loved when You walked this earth. Help me to love both Christians and those that are unbelievers. Give me Your heart for those around me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: