Sunday, August 16, 2009

What is the Truth?

2 Kings 24; Jeremiah 22; Psalm 112; John 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 18

33 Then Pilate went back into his headquarters and called for Jesus to be brought to him. “Are you the king of the Jews?” he asked him.

34 Jesus replied, “Is this your own question, or did others tell you about me?”

35 “Am I a Jew?” Pilate retorted. “Your own people and their leading priests brought you to me for trial. Why? What have you done?”

36 Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

37 Pilate said, “So you are a king?”

Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.”

38 “What is truth?” Pilate asked. Then he went out again to the people and told them, “He is not guilty of any crime. 39 But you have a custom of asking me to release one prisoner each year at Passover. Would you like me to release this ‘King of the Jews’?”

40 But they shouted back, “No! Not this man. We want Barabbas!” (Barabbas was a revolutionary.)

Observation

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Pilate was standing next to the Truth, but missed it. He crucified the Truth. But Jesus is not about to stay in a tomb. His kingdom is not of this world. The King of the Jews is also the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. There is no one like Him. And Pilate rejected the Truth.

I accepted Christ when I was 19 years old. It was at 19 years old that Jesus set me free. This world is full of delusion and lies. Don’t miss out on knowing Jesus. He will set you free.

Application

I will share the Good News that Jesus is Alive and He wants to set people free.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Pilate had no power over Jesus. Jesus could have walked away from those folks if He had wanted to do so. He allowed Himself to be crucified. He suffered for me. He suffered for those around me so that we could be set free from sin. I pray today that people would be set free from sin. I pray today that You would be glorified in our worship services.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: