Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don’t Be Faithless Any Longer!

Jeremiah 26; Jeremiah 35; Jeremiah 36; John 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 20

24 One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin), was not with the others when Jesus came. 25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Observation

When I talk with people at Mission Tampa about their prospects of going to Heaven almost all of them believe that they are Heaven bound.

As I talk with them I realize that most of them think that they are going to Heaven because of their fairly good behavior.

Almost none that I talk to even mention the need of having faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. What is even more amazing is that many of them go to church on a fairly regular basis.


It is amazing!

Application

I will ask our people on Sunday to write down the answer to the two questions that I ask folks at Mission Tampa!

1. If you were to die today where would you spend eternity?
2. If you were standing at Heaven’s Gate and God asked you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven?” What would you say to Him?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open the eyes of people’s hearts so that they can understand the Gospel. They hear but they don’t hear. I pray for the people that attend our church that they could answer those two questions correctly because they have a personal relationship with Christ.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

I cheated I already know the answer :o )