Friday, August 28, 2009

You Don’t Love Me Like You Used To!

Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Rev. 2:4

"Yet there is one thing wrong; you don't love me as at first!"

Observation

There was a time when Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He is asking us that question this morning, “Do we love Him?” How is your love for Christ today? Did you wake up this morning thinking about Him? During the night were you talking to Him?

If Jesus was standing face to face with you today and talking with you would He say, “You don’t love me as at first”. Those would be sad words to hear wouldn’t they? What would He say to us today?

A few weeks ago I read 1 John 5:21 that said, "Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts."

Is our love for Christ and his church like it was at first? Or has something moved in and taken God’s place in our hearts?

Application

I will make sure that nothing is taking God’s place in my heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love you. I don’t want anything to take Your place in my heart. Don’t ever let my love for You grow cold. Do whatever it takes to keep me close to You. I trust You and I know that You only have good things in mind for me and for Kathy because we love You. Give our staff wisdom as we meet together tonight. May there be oneness of heart as we seek to know Your direction for our church.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: