Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Gospels Contain Just a Glimpse Of All That Jesus Did…

Jeremiah 45; Jeremiah 46; Jeremiah 47; Psalm 105; John 21
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 21

24 This disciple is the one who testifies to these events and has recorded them here. And we know that his account of these things is accurate.

25 Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.

Observation

When we read the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John we sometimes think that we are reading the entire story of the life of Jesus. But John says that we are only getting a little glimpse of what Jesus did during his three years of ministry. Wow! John says that the whole world could not contain the books it would take to write down everything!

He did His entire earthly ministry in just 3 years. Looking back on the three last years of my ministry I wonder what kind of book could be written. I wonder if it would even fill one book!

Application

I will concentrate today on staying focused on Jesus and what He has called me to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me stayed focused on the ministry before me. I pray that you bring people into my life that I can move closer to Jesus. I pray for our staff today. I pray that you give them energy. I pray that you answer their prayers, give them the desires of their hearts, and bless them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: