Saturday, August 08, 2009

Let’s Don’t Make Excuses!

Jeremiah 1; Jeremiah 2; John 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jeremiah 1

The LORD gave me this message:

5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
6 “O Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!”

7 The LORD replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. 8 And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the LORD, have spoken!”

Observation

God does not want to hear “I Can’t”. He wants to hear “Yes Lord”. His promise is that He will be with us and He will protect us. We don’t have to be afraid. There is no reason for us to make excuses …we need to just say, “Yes” and do whatever God has put on our hearts to do.

I have just returned from Quiebra Hacha, Cuba. It is a very small town about one hour away from Havana and we were working in a very small church. The pastor and his church could make lots of excuses about not doing God’s work because they have very few resources, but they are striving to be obedient. The church building is small and it is in real danger of falling down. They are trying to build a new church building while reaching more and more people for Christ. We were there to help them.

I have put up a few pictures to show you what it was like. I will put more up on Facebook and Picasa.

Jeremiah’s excuse was that he was too young, Moses excuse was that he was not a very good speaker; what is your excuse? God used both Moses and Jeremiah and He can use you too.

The church in Cuba could make excuses. You and I can make excuses, but none of those excuses area valid because we have an All Powerful God that can help us do whatever He has told us He wants us to accomplish.

Application

I will not make excuses. I will continue to work on what God has called me to do!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the wonderful trip to Cuba. Thank You for the great team that You allowed me to work with. Thank You for all of our new Cuban friends. I pray that You will bless them as they work on reaching more and more people for the kingdom in Quiebra Hacha.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: