Friday, August 27, 2010

Alone Time With God First Thing In The Morning!

Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalm 143; Psalm 144
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 143

8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to you.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, LORD;
I run to you to hide me.
10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing.
11 For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life.
Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
and destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.

Observation

There is a real good reason to have your alone time with God as the very first thing you do in the morning. Why you ask? Here is a good reason from Psalm 143:8 “Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you.” When I got up this morning and read this Psalm I was reminded of God’s love for me and how He delights in helping me. Why does He delight in helping me … because I am His servant. He is my God.

Application

I will listen to His voice throughout the morning. I am already encouraged by what He said to me through these two Psalms and chapter one of Revelation.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for letting me hear of your unfailing love this morning, I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Rescue me from my enemies, LORD; I run to you to hide me. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.

May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life. Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress. In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies and destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: