Sunday, August 01, 2010

True Success!

Isaiah 65; Isaiah 66; Psalm 62; John 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

True Success!

Scripture

John 3

“…Therefore, I am filled with joy at his success. 30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.”

Observation

John the Baptist understood true success. True success is allowing someone else to become greater than you are and being filled with joy because of his or her success!
Humility and true leadership go hand in hand. Who can you help be more successful? Are you willing to humble yourself for this to happen?

God’s ways are amazing aren’t they! We don’t think like this without God’s Holy Spirit speaking to us. Selflessness in a world that is so selfish is quite a rarity, but it is how we should operate as Christ Followers.

Application

Am I willing to humble myself and let someone else become more important and even more successful and be joyful about it? I plan to do just that.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me what true success is all about. Don’t let me do things based on selfish motivations. Help me to let others become more successful than I am and help me to be joyful about it. Give me a servant’s heart. Allow me to see things from Your perspective. Help me to be more concerned about Your kingdom than anything else!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: