Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ever Feel Like You Don't Belong!

Jeremiah 18; Jeremiah 19; Jeremiah 20; Psalm 93; John 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Want To Get Away!

Scripture

John 17

16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do.

Observation

Do you ever feel like that you just don’t belong…well if you are a Christ follower then the truth is you don’t! Christians are just passing through and we need to be reminded that this is not our home. We tend to get too comfortable here on earth and we act like this is all there is, but we need to wake up and look up because we are heaven bound.

Riches await all of those that call on His name. Heaven is our home. So don’t get so caught up in the accumulation of toys like the rest of the world with bigger houses, better and better cars, boats, and the latest and the newest electronics etc. Put your riches to work to extend God’s kingdom not to build a kingdom for yourself.
What did you do with the extra money God gave you last year? Did you waste it or did you invest it in kingdom stuff? Did you buy stuff on credit and run up your credit card bills?

We do not belong to this world it is not our home.

Application

I will look at more ways to invest in God’s kingdom.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is not my home. Help me to live like this is not my home. I pray that you would help me focus more and more on extending Your kingdom. I pray for the church in Cuba in Quiebra Hacha. I pray that you bless them and help them grow. I pray that new people would be drawn to that church over the next few weeks. I pray that the construction of their building would continue to progress. Give them the energy and the desire to finish it. I pray for Israel and his family and his church that You would help them to grow and I pray that Your hand of blessing would be on them. I pray for Pastor Caleb and his leaders and I pray that you bless them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: