Friday, August 20, 2010

We Have An Advantage!

Jeremiah 48; Jeremiah 49; Psalm 67; 1 John 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


He is the Word of Life!

Scripture

1 John 1

1 We proclaim to you the one who existed from the beginning, whom we have heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. He is the Word of life.

Observation

I would have liked to have walked with Jesus like the disciples did, but I get to experience even more than they got to experience because I have the entire Word of God to read everyday. I don’t think that they ever got to see the big picture like I get to see it and experience it. As I read some of the Old Testament and some of the New Testament everyday I really get to see how God planned the whole thing.
I get to live out the stories in the Bible. I can experience what David experienced or Jeremiah experienced and in the same morning I get to read about Peter or John and what they experienced and God can and does show me something new everyday from His Word.

I think we have an advantage over even the disciples that walked with Jesus. Of course, if we have an advantage it just means that we will be held more responsible for living out all that we know about the Christian life that God has called us to live out.

Application

I will thank God for allowing me to live right now in this moment! It is exciting! It is scary but in a good kind of way!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to live during this time in history. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of knowing You in a personal way. Thank You for taking me as one of Your children. It is awesome. I don’t deserve it. You have given me an advantage. You have given all the believers that are living today a huge advantage. Help us take advantage of it.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: