Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Anyone...That Includes You!

2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Anyone!

Scripture

John 6

47 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. 48 Yes, I am the bread of life! 49 Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. 50 Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh.”

Observation

In the Bible and especially in the book of John I would encourage you to write your name in every place where the Bible says, “anyone”… or in the King James Version I think it says, “whosoever”. Personalize your Bible. God is speaking to you.

If you haven’t been reading your Bible lately I would encourage you to start with the Gospel of John and then read Mark. Take time to mark up your Bible and put your name in it every place where God makes the promise of eternal life. He is the only One that can draw you to Himself. God alone is the One who saves.

Have you made God’s promises your own? Have you trusted in Him? Do you believe that God sent Jesus to die for your sins? Have you asked Him to forgive you of your sins and have you asked Him to be your Lord and Savior? If not why not and why not surrender your life to Him today? What do you have to lose? What do you have to gain?

It is a no-brainer …put your trust in Him today.

Application

I will help people understand that the scriptures are for them. I will encourage people to put their names by every promise, especially the promise of eternal life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that many people will come to You because as they read the Bible it becomes real to them. Draw them by Your Holy Spirit. Move in the hearts of the people that will be in church this Sunday both at our church and in the church where we will be in Cuba. I pray that people will be saved this weekend.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: