Wednesday, December 05, 2012

How Can A Young Person Live A Clean Life? By Carefully Reading The Map Of Your Word.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ephesians 5; Ephesians 6; Psalm 119:1-80 

How Can A Young Person Live A Clean Life?

By

Carefully Reading The Map Of Your Word. 

Scripture

Psalm 119:9-11

How can a young person live a clean life?
    By carefully reading the map of your Word.


I’m single-minded in pursuit of you;
    don’t let me miss the road signs you’ve posted.


I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart
    so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.


Observation

Yesterday Kathy and I were out in Wesley Chapel and we hadn’t been out there since they made all the changes to the roads. I tried to use my smart phone but it was totally dumb yesterday. The GPS had us turning where there was no road at all … so we had to search and find our way without any high tech tools!

Most people spend their entire lives following the wrong maps and going down the wrong roads.

If you and I want to live a clean life then there is only one map to follow. It is the Word of God – The Bible.

How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word.

Further down in this same Psalm the Psalmist writes, 

Barricade the road that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation. I choose the true road to Somewhere, I post your road signs at every curve and corner. I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; God, don’t let me down! I’ll run the course you lay out for me if you’ll just show me how. (Message) 25-32


 Application

I will ask God to barricade the roads in my life that go Nowhere and to only let me choose the true road to Somewhere!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me waste my life going down the wrong roads that go Nowhere. Guide me and keep me on the road to Somewhere. Keep me on the right path. Don’t let me get off track. I will run the course You lay out for me if You’ll just show me how! 

I pray for my sister, Linda and her family today. Today has been 5 years since my nephew Jonathan was in a car accident that has left him in a coma. I pray for Jonathan today. Lord, I pray that You wake him up. I pray that one day he will be able to walk, talk, and pray. Give him strength today. Touch his body with Your Healing Power. You are an Awesome God. Nothing is too hard for You.

 Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: