Monday, December 31, 2012

Look, I Am Coming Soon, Bringing My Reward With Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Revelation 19; Revelation 20; Revelation 21; Revelation 22

Look, 

I Am Coming Soon,

Bringing My Reward With Me

Scripture

Revelation 22

12 “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

Observation

2013 will be here in just a few hours – how will you live it out? At the end of the Bible in Revelation 22 there is a reminder that Jesus is returning soon and bringing His reward with Him. 

My plan is to live out 2013 in such a way that when Jesus returns I will be rewarded for how I lived it out. How about you? How do you plan to live out 2013? 

Can you and I look back over 2012 and be content about how we lived out this past year?
If you can’t then let me remind you that our God’s mercy is fresh and new every morning. You can start this New Year out and make it different than last year. Because of God’s Mercy and because of God’s Goodness He is willing to give us a fresh new start in 2013! Great is His faithfulness! 

Why not make a commitment to God right now to live 2013 totally sold out to Him! How about making a commitment to read your Bible through in 2013 - or at least make a commitment to have a devotional time with God every day this New Year? 

 Application

I commit to reading the Bible through again in 2013 and I make the commitment to have a Quiet time everyday this year. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me keep my promise to You to read my Bible everyday, but not in a legalistic way. Give me the desire everyday to want to be in Your Word and give me the desire to want to spend time with You everyday. Don’t let me drift or wander away from You. Keep me close to You in 2013. You are the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Rick Morgan said...

So thankful for your encouragement to journal my quiet time everyday. Journaling is a great tool to help us be consistent in meeting with God.

Eddy Williams said...

Rick, I am glad that you have remained faithful to God's Word. Happy New Year!