Wednesday, December 26, 2012

You Are My Refuge And My Shield; Your Word Is My Source Of Hope


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John 1; 3 John 1

You Are My Refuge And My Shield;

Your Word

Is My Source Of Hope

Scripture

Psalm 119

114 You are my refuge and my shield;
    your word is my source of hope.


Observation

Today we have the chance to read the shortest chapter in the Bible and part of the longest chapter!

Psalm 119 is one of my favorite chapters in all of God’s Word.

This coming year 2013 will you join me in reading through God’s Word – The Bible. It is my source of hope! It can be yours too!

God is my refuge and my shield. Can you say the same thing? He protects me. He is my place of safety. He is my hope.

I look forward to reading through the Bible in 2013. Every year I find new and exciting things in God’s Word. It is new and fresh every morning. Will you join me?

It is not hard to read the Bible through in a year if you use a system to do it. You can read using a Chronological Bible that way you get to read some of the Old Testament and some of the New Testament everyday.

I use Pastor Wayne Cordeiro’s reading plan, which is online, and it only takes going to my browser’s favorites and clicking on it everyday. I journal about a one of the Bible passages that I have read using Wayne Cordeiro’s S.O.A.P. format. This helps me to remember what I have read and it helps me to apply God’s word to my life.

Application

I will read the Bible through again in 2013. How about you? Will you take the challenge? It takes about 15 minutes a day to read the Bible through in a year. Will you join me?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my Refuge and my Shield; Your Word is my source of Hope. Help me to stay in Your word everyday in 2013!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: