Wednesday, December 19, 2012

You Search The Scriptures Because You Think They Give You Eternal Life. But The Scriptures Point To Me! Yet You Refuse To Come To Me To Receive This Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
John 5; John 6

You Search The Scriptures Because You Think They Give You Eternal Life.

But The Scriptures Point To Me!

Yet You Refuse To Come To Me To Receive This Life

Scripture

John 5

39 “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! 40 Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.

Observation

Kathy and I talk to people all the time who are trying to go to Heaven by being good, by keeping God’s commandments, by doing God’s will, by going to church etc., but the only way to go to Heaven is by coming to Jesus.

Scripture points to Jesus but people even today still try to obtain eternal life without putting their faith and their trust in Him. I am amazed!

At Mission Tampa we ask people over and over again month after month some now for several years the same two questions: If you were to die today where would you spend eternity? If you were standing at Heaven’s gate and God asked you why should I let you into my Heaven what would you say?

Now you would think that people over time would be able to at least remember the correct answer to those two questions even if they didn’t actually come to Jesus, but they don’t. It is a works answer month after month after month! They are spiritually blinded.

Do we give up? Nope! Because one day God will open up their spiritual minds and some of them will come to Jesus!

We are planting the seed and waiting expectantly for the harvest.
 
Application


I will continue to point people to Jesus. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for the people that hear the Good News week after week after week and yet do not respond to our invitation to come to Jesus. I refuse to give up on them. I pray for those in our church who still need to come to Jesus and I pray for those that come to Mission Tampa month after month and yet still do not understand the Gospel. I pray that You give them understanding. I pray for their salvation. Help us as we share. Help us to make the Gospel message clear. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: