Sunday, December 09, 2012

Tell The To Hope In God, Not Their Money. Money Cannot Be Trusted, But God Takes Care Of Us Richly. He Gives Us Everything To Enjoy


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Timothy 5; 1 Timothy 6; Titus 1; Titus 2; Titus 3

Tell The To Hope In God, Not Their Money.

Money Cannot Be Trusted,

But God Takes Care Of Us Richly. He Gives Us Everything To Enjoy

Scripture

1 Timothy 6

17 Give this command to those who are rich with the things of this world. Tell them not to be proud. Tell them to hope in God, not their money. Money cannot be trusted, but God takes care of us richly. He gives us everything to enjoy.
 
18 Tell those who are rich to do good—to be rich in good works. And tell them they should be happy to give and ready to share. 19 By doing this, they will be saving up a treasure for themselves. And that treasure will be a strong foundation on which their future life will be built. They will be able to have the life that is true life.

Observation

Before you think that this passage is for someone else you need to think again because you and I are some of the richest people on this planet. Yes, I know you and I may have spent ourselves into debt, but we are still some of the richest people on the face of this earth. So Paul is writing to us!
Here is a way that we can be truly rich:

 Devotion to God is, in fact, a way for people to be very rich, but only if it makes them satisfied with what they have. When we came into the world, we brought nothing. And when we die, we can take nothing out. So, if we have food and clothes, we will be satisfied with that. I Timothy 6:6-8

When we came into this world, we brought nothing and we die we can take nothing out! 

Here is God’s promise: 

God takes care of us richly. He gives us everything to enjoy.  

How devoted are you and I to God? How satisfied are we with what we have? Can you and I say, “So, if we have food and clothes, we will be satisfied with that”?

This is a very good passage right before Christmas. How much are we spending on Christmas? Why?  

Application

 I will not trust in money. I will look for someone this week that needs my help. 

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be content with what You have so blessed me with. You have been so good to us. Help us to be content with food and clothing. Help us to share with others so we can store up treasure in Heaven. I pray today for our church. I pray that people would be open to the message. 

Empower Pastor Bruce to speak to us in a way that causes us to apply Your word to our lives. I pray for people to be saved. I pray for people to be called out to ministry and service today. Help them to say “yes” when You speak. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: