Monday, December 10, 2012

I Have Fought The Good Fight. I Have Finished The Race. I Have Served The Lord Faithfully.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Timothy 1; 2 Timothy 2; 2 Timothy 3; 2 Timothy 4

I Have Fought The Good Fight.

I Have Finished The Race.

I Have Served The Lord Faithfully.

Scripture

2 Timothy 4

I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have served the Lord faithfully. Now, a prize is waiting for me—the crown that will show I am right with God.

My life is being given as an offering for God. The time has come for me to leave this life here. I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have served the Lord faithfully. Now, a prize is waiting for me—the crown that will show I am right with God. The Lord, the judge who judges rightly, will give it to me on that Day. Yes, he will give it to me and to everyone else who is eagerly looking forward to his coming.

Observation


When I am close to death I want to be able to say what Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:6-8. I don’t want to be afraid I want to be able to look forward to the prize that is waiting for me.

When I stand before Jesus Christ I want him to say to me, “Well done my good and faithful servant.”

Application

I will serve the Lord faithfully today. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know my heart. Help me live in a way that pleases You. Help me to finish well. Be glorified through my life. I want my life to count for You and Your kingdom. Don’t let me mess up. 

I pray today for some men that You have brought into my life. I pray that these men will totally surrender their lives to You. I pray that they will be the godly husbands, and the godly fathers that You have called them to be. Help them to wake up and see what they are going to lose if they don’t change the direction of their lives. Shake them up Lord so that they can wake up and change the way they are living. 

Nothing is too hard for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: