Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Therefore He Is Able, To Save Those Who Come To God Through Him. He Lives Forever To Intercede With God On Their Behalf.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Hebrews 5; Hebrews 6; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8

Therefore He Is Able, To Save Those Who Come To God

Through Him.

He Lives Forever To Intercede With God On Their Behalf.

Scripture

Hebrews 7

24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever.
 
25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

Observation

If you read Hebrews 6 this morning and you didn’t read anything else in the Bible you could walk away possibly thinking that a person could lose their salvation. Some people read the Bible that way. They base their theology on one or two verses and seem to ignore the rest of the Bible.

There are by far more verses and passages that give us confidence that our salvation is secure. 

There are only a couple of places in the Bible that seem to imply that we could lose eternal life.  Two of those passages are in Hebrews, but Hebrews 7:24 makes it perfectly clear to me at least that our salvation is secure because we have a High Priest Who lives forever. His name is Jesus. He lives forever to intercede with God on our behalf.

Can you think of more verses that show that our salvation is secure?

Application

 I will review the scriptures that I have memorized in the past that demonstrate that my God is big enough to save me and powerful enough to keep me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am not worthy of being one of Your children. I will never be worthy enough. You love me and You love me not because of anything that I have done. You just love me. You saved me. I know that I am secure in Your love. I know that Your Holy Spirit has come into my life and You now live in me. You have given me a new nature. I am a new creation. I have been born into Your kingdom. I cannot be unborn! Thank You for my salvation. Help me to share this Good News with everyone I can. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: