Thursday, June 12, 2014

Don't Be Selfish

1 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 10; 2 Chronicles 11; Philippians 2
Don't
Be
Selfish
Scripture
Philippians 2
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
Observation
Selfish! Yes … Selfish! Lets not be selfish today. Who needs our attention? Who needs a word of encouragement? Who needs for us to bless them today?

I have good intentions when I start out the day, but my own interests get in the way of my taking an interest in those around me.

It is so easy to get distracted from the really important stuff in life – people!


Application

Today I will make some phone calls and check up on some people that have been on my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be so selfish today. Help me think about others more than I think about myself. Put people on my heart that need a word of encouragement today and help me to follow through and give them a word that will lift them up. You are the Mighty God. Thank You for showing me how to be humble and how to serve through the example of Jesus Christ.
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: