Wednesday, June 25, 2014

He Has Saved Us And Called Us To A Holy Life -


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Has Saved Us

And 

Called Us To A Holy Life -

Joel 1,2,3; 2 Timothy 1
Scripture

2 Timothy 1

He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.

Observation

There is a reason why God wants us to live differently than the rest of the world – He has a purpose in saving us. He didn’t save us just so we could go to Heaven.

Are you and I living a godly life? Is there any difference in the way we live and the way outsiders live their lives?

Lets personalize this verse – just put your name in place of mine and read this out loud a few times and lets think about this verse together:

God saved (Eddy) and called (Eddy) to a holy life – not because of anything (Eddy) has done but because of God’s own purpose and grace.

Application

I will strive to live a holy life today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am not like everyone else. I have been saved by Your grace. I don’t deserve the life that I have the opportunity to live. Help me to live a godly life. Help others see Jesus in me today.

I pray for Jim Newton as he has surgery today. I pray for healing and a quick recovery.


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: