Friday, June 27, 2014

They Will Act Religious, But They Will Reject The Power That Could Make Them Godly.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 13; 2 Kings 14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3

They Will Act Religious,

But They Will Reject 

The Power That Could Make Them Godly.

Scripture

2 Timothy 3

You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times.
 
For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred.
 
They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good.
 
They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God.
 
They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!

Observation

Stay away from people who act religious, but who reject the power that could make them godly.

There is a big difference between being “religious” and being “godly”.

The big difference is God’s Holy Spirit! You and I need to be filled and we need to be controlled by the Holy Spirit.

I have seen some entries/posts on Facebook lately that have me scratching my head over the behavior/actions of some of my friends who call themselves Christ followers.

We are all sinners and we all fall short of God’s grace. None of us are perfect, but each of us as believers in Jesus Christ should have the Power of the Holy Spirit working in our lives to convict us and get us back on the right path and back in the right direction. If we lack that Power then we are just “religious” and we will not be able to live godly lives.

I am praying that God’s Holy Spirit will convict all of us so we will be able to live effective godly lives. I realize that I too could be drawn to do some of the very things that I see my friends involved in if I don’t stay in close fellowship with the Lord.

Application

I will pray for my friends and I will look for an opportunity to talk to them about their actions.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word tells us to abstain from all appearance of evil. Help me to live a godly life. Help my friends stay away from “all appearance” of evil. Help them to live godly lives. Help us live in a way that makes You Smile. Keep us from sinning. Help us to live in a way that only brings You glory and honor. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: