Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fathers Don't Exasperate Your Children

Song of Solomon 1; Song of Solomon 2; Song of Solomon 3; Song of Solomon 4; Ephesians 6
Fathers
Don't Exasperate
Your Children
Scripture
Ephesians 6
4 Fathers, don’t exasperate your children by coming down hard on them. Take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master.
Observation
If I could raise my children over again I would treat them more like I treat my grandchildren now! I regret coming down so hard on them and always being way too serious with them.

I can't change that now. But I wish that I could …

What I can do now is pray for my children and I can ask God to work miraculously in their lives! I ask God to fix what I messed up! I ask God to do a powerful work in their lives.

My father was harsh with me and the only time I heard him use God's name was when he was cursing at me. But I can't blame my Dad for how I act as an adult today. I can't blame my mistakes that I committed as a Dad on my Dad. I must accept responsibility for my own actions. It would be nice if I could shift the blame for all my “bads” on someone else but I can't.

So today I get to be grandpa to my 10 grandchildren! There are 3 in our house right now playing in the kitchen with their grandma! Life is good. God is good. Grandchildren are the greatest!


Application

I will have fun with my grandchildren this week!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, Grandchildren are one of the best gifts You could ever give to a Dad that messed up a lot raising his children. Thank You for each one of my grandchildren. Bless each one of them. Help them all grow up with a love for You. I pray for each one's salvation. Help them to open up their hearts wide to spiritual things!
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: