Saturday, June 28, 2014

I Have Fought The Good Fight, I Have Finished The Race, I Have Kept The Faith.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Have Fought The Good Fight,

I Have Finished The Race,

I Have Kept The Faith.

Amos 1,2,3; Psalms 80; 2 Timothy 4

Scripture

2 Timothy 4

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near.  

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Observation

 To quote one of the leaders in our church - James Hartley says, “Men typically tend to be poor finishers”.

How are you going to finish this race?

I plan to finish well. It is the desire of my heart. How about you?

What are we doing to make sure we finish well? Are you in an accountability group or a least a life group or small group?

If you are a man, do you have men in your life who will keep you on track?

Are you faithful in reading your Bible? Are you faithfully attending church? How is your relationship with your Heavenly Father? Do you have a Quiet time on a daily basis?

This life is a race! How are we doing?

Application

I will do everything I can to finish this life well. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me fight the good fight, Help me to finish the race, and help me to keep the faith.  I know that there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which You, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day! I pray for my family. Draw them into a relationship with You. Help them to love You with all of their hearts. Help them to finish well.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: