Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Husbands, Love Your Wives, And NEVER Treat Them Harshly.

1 Kings 20; 1 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3
Husbands,
Love Your Wives,
And NEVER Treat Them Harshly.
Scripture
Colossians 3
19 Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly.
Observation
Never! I think that is the word that jumped out at me this morning as I read this chapter!

Love Kathy and NEVER treat her harshly!

We have been married for almost 45 years. I wish that I could tell you that I NEVER spoke harshly to the love of my life. Sorry, I can't.

One time (when I was being less than loving to her) she said, “You are nicer to the people at church than you are to me!” And she was right!

You and I can be meaner and harsher to the one that we love the most!

So I plan to be a lot nicer over the next 45 years of marriage!

Today is Kathy's birthday! She is __ years old today!

Proverbs 18:22 “The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from God.
Application

I will strive to be kind and gentle with Kathy and not treat her harshly! How about you? How will you treat your partner?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You gave me a great treasure when you gave me Kathy. I know she is a gift from You. Help me treat her in a way that makes You smile! Bless Kathy today on her birthday. Bless her with good health. Give her the desires of her heart, answer her prayers. and make her plans successful. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: