Monday, June 16, 2014

I Want You To Know How Much I Have Agonized For You

1 Kings 17; 1 Kings 18; 1 Kings 19; Colossians 2
I Want You
To Know
How Much I Have Agonized For You
Scripture
Colossians 2
2 I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally. 2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.
Observation
I can identify with the Apostle Paul when he shares how he agonizes over believers as he prays for them. Right now I am praying for some folks that are going through difficult circumstances and I agonize as I pray for them. I hurt for them.

They need for God to intervene in their lives. Yes, in many cases they need to repent and get right with God. God has given me the job of interceding for them.

Some need relationships and marriages restored and others are dealing with health issues.

Who does God want us to agonize in prayer for today?

Maybe it is for some baby Christians or maybe it is for some fellow Christians who have gotten caught up in a sin and need to break free … why not agonize in prayer for them today!

1 Timothy 2:1

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.

Application

I will continue to pray for the people that God puts on my heart. I will cry out to God on their behalf. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will pray to You on behalf of those that You put on my heart. I pray because I have been given the job of interceding for them. I thank You for each one that I am burdened for today knowing that You love to transform lives and I know that You love to answer my prayers.
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: